Three Step Process
Submit your PHOTO Here!
Aspen Grove solutions requires that all applications be submitted with a photo of the applicant. https://nmfs.wufoo.com/forms/aspen-grove-photo/
Once we receive your photo and PayPal authorization, we will fill the background check application out for you.
Please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for your background check to process. Once we receive the results of your background check we will email you our Welcome letter and mail you a set of keys to use in the field.
NOTE: You also have the option of getting your Aspen Grove background check by getting it directly from them as well. However, it will cost you $22 more if you go the direct route as opposed to getting your ABC# through our company. Your choice. When you choose to go through NMFS, Lori fills out the application for you, we upload your profile photo that you already provided us, we chose the quickest of the 3 screening companies they offer, (one of those will ask for a business license which is not even required in this industry) and since NMFS processes more Aspen Grove background checks than any other company, we have preferred status and our reports come back twice as fast.
Use our secure method of payment by clicking on the button below to obtain your Aspen Grove ABC# through NMFS. (You do NOT have to sign up for a PayPal account in order to use it. They take debit cards.)
1. Why do we even need a background check by Aspen Grove?
The simple answer is that it is required by our government based on laws passed by congress.
For more information read:Why are we required to have Aspen Grove?
It’s the cost of doing business and is good for one year. After a year another background check is conducted at a reduced rate.
2. What the heck is an ABC# and what’s with the IC Rating? (IC means Independent Contractor)
No mater what the criminal background check reveals about you, everyone that pays for a background check receives an ABC#.
Your assigned ABC# goes on every inspection you submit, and is verified by Aspen Grove that the number belongs to you. This is the “verifiable” part that Congress enacted several years ago for our industry. You have to have one to do inspections.
There are two parts to this process:
1. An ABC#is issued, (TX750781032)
2. An IC rating is issued and is assigned a classification code ranging from IC01-IC04
- An ICO1 rating means you are clean and pure as the wind driven snow. (Only acceptable rating to conduct property inspections.)
- An IC02 rating is a clean record for the past 5 – 10 years. (Some property preservation companies accept IC02.)
- An IC03 rating is a clean record for the past 2-5 years. (Not acceptable in the Mortgage Field Services Industry.)
- An IC04 rating means you had a recent reportable conviction which is not acceptable in our industry. (You probably killed somebody and we don’t know why you are still not in jail!)
Absolutely NOT! This has nothing to do with your credit, it is all about criminal activities.
4. Will this affect my credit score or rating?
Absolutely NOT! This has nothing to do with your credit score or rating.
5. What crimes are they checking for?
For a complete list, click this link: AGScrimes.6. How do I order my background check?
Use the “Buy Now” button at the top of the page.
6. Why does the background check cost so much?
The Aspen Grove background check is unlike any other background check. In fact, Aspen Grove is not a background check company, they are a technology company who utilizes the services of 3 national background check companies. Once your ABC# is issued, Aspen Grove provides verification services to make sure your ABC# matches their records to your name. Every inspection you submit, once it passes our QC Department, is submitted to our client with a stopover at Aspen Grove where they verify that you have passed a criminal background check. This is an ongoing cost to Aspen Grove Solutions which is why the fee for the background check is priced the way it is. This verifiable background check is mandated by our government with the passing of the Dodd-Frank Reform Act, and the Inspector General.
7. What if I already have a background check from another company?
Most of us have already had a background check ran on us from one source or another. However, in the mortgage field services industry an ABC# is required. Once a background check has been completed by Aspen Grove Solutions, they will assign an ABC# to the Inspector and that number is attached and processed to every work order submitted. Only Aspen Grove Solutions can issue an ABC#.
8. How long does it take for the Aspen Grove Background Check to come in?
We often receive the results of the background check within 5 to 7 days but could be as long as 3 weeks. A few difficult applications may take a bit longer.
9. What about traffic tickets?
Aspen Grove does not look at traffic tickets.
10. Why do the vendors have to pay for their own background check?
Vendors are Independent Contractors. They are NOT employees. In most cases an employer will pay for background checks of their employees. But in the Mortgage Field Service business where you are the company owner, the vendor, you must pay for it yourself as part of the requirement to conduct inspections in this industry.