1. Will Aspen Grove run a credit report on me?
Absolutely NOT! This has nothing to do with your credit, it is all about criminal activities.
2. Will this affect my credit score or rating?
Absolutely NOT! This has nothing to do with your credit score or rating.
3. What crimes are they checking for?
For a complete list, click this link: AGScrimes.
4. What is an IC Rating? (IC means Independent Contractor)
No mater what the criminal background check reveals about you, everyone that pays for a background check receives an ABC#.
There are two parts to this process:
1. An ABC#is issued,
2. An IC rating is issued and is assigned a classification code ranging from IC01-IC04
- An ICO1 rating means you are clean and pure as the wind driven snow. (Only acceptable rating to conduct property inspections.)
- An IC02 rating is a clean record for the past 5 – 10 years. (Some property preservation companies accept IC02.)
- An IC03 rating is a clean record for the past 2-5 years. (Not acceptable in the Mortgage Field Services Industry.)
- An IC04 rating means you had a recent reportable conviction which is not acceptable in our industry.
If you receive an IC Rating less than IC01, you may request an appeal from the Review Committee to review the circumstances of your particular situation, and request a higher rating so that you can work in the Mortgage Field Services industry. (75% successful rating upgrades.) You will be sent instructions from Aspen Grove on further steps to make your appeal.
If you receive an IC01 and then later are convicted of a serious crime, and if your annual renewal indicates a lowered IC rating, then you might not be able to continue working in our industry.
5. How do I order my background check?
Use the “Pay Now” button at the top of the page.
6. Why does the background check cost so much?
The Aspen Grove background check is unlike any other background check. In fact, Aspen Grove is not a background check company, they are a technology company who utilizes the services of 3 national background check companies. Once your ABC# is issued, Aspen Grove provides verification services to make sure your ABC# matches their records to your name. Every inspection you submit, once it passes our QC Department, is submitted to our client with a stopover at Aspen Grove where they verify that you have passed a criminal background check. This is an ongoing cost to Aspen Grove Solutions which is why the fee for the background check is priced the way it is. This verifiable background check is mandated by our government with the passing of the Dodd-Frank Reform Act, and the Inspector General.
7. Why do we even need Aspen Grove?
The simple answer is that it is required by our government based on laws passed by congress.
For more information read: Why are we required to have Aspen Grove?
It’s the cost of doing business and is good for one year. After a year another background check is conducted at a reduced rate.